Book Review #15: City Spies: Golden Gate by James Ponti

    City Spies: Golden Gate was a brilliant addition to the series that allowed the reader to fall even deeper in love with the story. It's written for 9–12-year-olds, but it still has all of the aspect of a great book. I still found it to be very interesting despite being a bit old for it. I like how unpredictable the plot is at times as well as having the perspective of the villain without the story actually being spilled. 
   
    As the series goes on you begin to get backstories on each of the main characters, this book had some of my favorite character backstories, not to say that the others are just as brilliant, I just found these ones to be more interesting in my opinion. In general, all of the characters are amazing, and they all have a very wide array of talents and skills that make this book relatable to anybody reading.
    
    This book also has the right number of facts sprinkled in without it seeming like a non-fiction rather than the fiction it's supposed to be. I learned quite a bit about San Francisco while reading, but I wasn't overwhelmed by facts. Instead, I could enjoy the plot of the story just as much as I would any other well-written book.

    Some themes: Family, Resilience, Identity, Belonging, Courage.

    Short synopsis:
City Spies: Golden Gate is the second book in a series by James Ponti. It follows a team of young spies who work for MI6 and go on missions around the world. In this book, they travel to San Francisco to stop a plot to destroy the Golden Gate Bridge

    Overall book rating: 10/10

Comments

Popular Posts