Book Review #11: Dear Martin by Nic Stone

    Dear Martin, is an amazing book written by Nic Stone. I loved this book and read it in an hour at my dining room table. Everything about it is page turning. I can't go on about how I understand all of the problems Justyce, the main character, faces, I can say that I see the issues. I see how they coincide with issues in our world as we see it today. For me, and I assume many other readers, this was a very eye-opening novel. I think everyone, if given the chance, should take a look at this book. I myself have read it multiple times since and I still find it crazy that this is day to day life for some people. But this book makes it fairly clear, makes the average reader understand much more easily.

    It's hard to explain how much this book changed my point of view on things. It's much easier if you were to read it to fully understand. It also helps that all of this is super realistic, it helps to know that these are real issues and that this book wasn't just written on an idea. It was written because of an awareness most people had lacked before this book came, BLM.

    Some themes: Racial Profiling, Identity, Racism.

    Overall book rating: 10/10

Comments

Popular Posts