Book Review #4: Lore by Alexandra Bracken

    Lore by Alexandra Bracken is one of my personal favorite books, most of this will be but bear with me. If you like Greek mythology but aren't so much into the romance portions of it, this is a book for you. It has lots of action, lots of well-written characters, and the plot is laid out in a very easy path to follow. The thing that drew me towards this book in the first place was the cover, it features a marble statue with Medusa on the front, not to mention the big bold gold letters for the title. The cover was made with the perfect ideas of a central theme, which I would say was about woman being just as strong as men. There is much more to the book than just that, obviously. However, keeping this theme in mind while you read makes it that much better.

    This book would definitely be considered a much more mature read, I can think of a few spots in particular. I think the air of maturity this novel has adds to the story, giving it the heaviness that easily stays with a reader.

    Some themes: Women's Strength, Moving Forward.

    Overall book rating: 10/10

Comments

Popular Posts