Book Review #5: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

    Red Queen is one of my go-to books in conversation, especially when people are looking for a recommendation. The thing that I love about this book is its idea and its plot. Its idea was super exciting to read, its plot was exactly how it should have been. When I read the novel, I was able to understand what was happening super clearly, however, I did feel as if it lacked in its detailing of some moments. The characters are also incredibly amazing. There are cliches built very easily into the character structure as well as plot structures, that are just as easily broken down, but as noted before I felt it lacked the detail it could have had. That being said, in what detail it lacked it was very heavy in plot. There wasn't a moment when I was bored of reading, in fact I often found myself reading it when I likely wasn't supposed to. 

    Despite it having some faults, for me anyway, it is still a book series I would highly recommend because it is one of those books you could easily read to get out of a book slump. Compared to some other books, it's very easy to understand and fairly straightforward, of course it still has amazing plot twists that break the cliches of most books.

    Some themes: Romance (though not super heavy), Betrayal and Trust, Class Struggle, Complexity of Power, and Corruption.

    Overall book rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular Posts