Book Review #8: The Kane Chronicles: Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

    Kane Chronicles is one of the best series that Riordan wrote, in my opinion. I've always loved mythology; it didn't matter if it was Greek or Norse or Celtic. However, these books hold a special place in my heart because they are based on Egyptian mythology. Reading other books on mythology is always great, but I already know some of the stories, so it makes them slightly less interesting. This series was my entrance to all things Egyptian, so it made the series that much more special to me.

    The first book in the series is by far my favorite, Red Pyramid, it is the beginning for some really well written characters. I love how the reader is able to learn the information in the same way the characters do, and in multiple different areas of information. For example, Egyptian mythology is something one character learns about, but so is general Egyptian life for another. Riordan builds up the information in a way that is easy for a reader to comprehend.

    Some themes: Accepting loss, Growing up, Fear of change.

    Overall book rating: 10/10 

Comments

Popular Posts