Book Review #18: The Kane Chronicles: The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan

    I have stated this before, and I will state it again, Rick Riordan is a brilliant author. While his most famous series remains Percy Jackson and The Olympians, one of my favourites will remain The Kane Chronicles. These books are a great way to get into Egyptian mythology, it has a wide array of the characters and mythical being you would find in the mythology. This is obviously the second book in the series, but it's equally as good. In this one, the adventure continues as the two protagonists learn more about Egyptian mythology by actually experiencing it. In short, it's fairly similar to the first book in themes and main idea because it is a series. But the main difference between the two is the plot. I found the plot for the second to be much more exciting than the first since it goes a lot deeper and focuses a lot on the underworld aspect. In the first you see some monsters and some gods and goddesses, but they are always reacting within the modern world. While this on it's own is really cool, I found that the second which had these well-established characters interacting with the world of Egyptian mythology to be much more interesting.

    At the end of the day this was one hundred percent my favourite book within the series. I mean, not mentioning the actual story for a moment, Riordan has such a brilliant voice when writing and it really shines through with each character and each fight. A lot of the conversations feel as if they really are something people would say. Going back to the actual story, I absolutely loved. I was suckered in for most of the characters, especially the two protagonists. I found it to easily be one of my easiest read having read it in four hours despite it feeling like two.

    Overall book rating: 10/10

Comments

Popular Posts