Book Review #19: Kings Cage by Victoria Aveyard

    This is the third book in the Red Queen series. It was an interesting book to say the least. I liked it, but of course that may not be the same for the others. I thought this was a good book within the series because it takes what we already know of one side and brings the reader to the other. Though it continues from the protagonist's view, it has that addition of the reader seeing what the protagonist is fighting against. It makes no sense when spoken out of context I'm sure, but if you were to read the series you would be able to see what I mean when I say this. Despite all of this the book still somehow manages to be fairly easy to understand. 

    I believe it was at this book that I realized this was a dystopian series. It's not that I wasn't paying attention, but it just wasn't made incredibly clear. It felt a bit more like a fantasy series from the beginning rather than human evolution just far off into the distance. There were also later books that made that connection even clearer so when I did end up rereading this book, I saw the sign much clearer. I don't really have much to say about this book other than the plot is interesting and I liked the series as a whole. I mean, the psychological stuff was a hundred percent and interesting topic. It's not too often a author goes into the psychological potion and nails it, so I certainly enjoyed that.

    Overall book rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular Posts