Book Review #26: The Kane Chronicles: The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

    This is the final book in The Kane Chronicles series, I can honestly say I enjoyed this series from beginning to end. Obviously, there are a lot of series I enjoyed start to finish, but this was one I had multiple people tell me wasn't great. I mean, when it's compared to other series by the same author, like the Percy Jackson series, it has serious competition. Despite this, I found the series exciting and the last book, the one that's supposed to wrap up the whole bunch of books, didn't dissatisfy. I'm happy to have read that book simply because the story was wrapped up in such a way that if there were future books it would be possible, but if there weren't I would be fine and could live on. 

    The Serpent's Shadow was definitely in the middle if I had to rank the full trilogy, mostly because the second book was hard to compare to with how much I enjoyed that one specifically. This book was almost as amazing in comparison simply because the characters continued being amazing and it was incredibly interesting to see how they developed because of the plot or other characters around them. I mean, for these characters specifically, Carter and Sadie, they begin as a pair of siblings who quite frankly don't know each other and dislike each other because of it. However, now we see in the third book how close they have gotten. Looking through the third book, obviously its not where most of the change happens, but its when every small detail and small change becomes so incredibly present for the characters and within the story and there's something about that, that makes this book so wonderful. Simply, the last book of a series should be the best of the rest, or at least a very close second and this book falls into that category making it incredible, in my opinion of course.

    Within the book itself, I love the action, how all the ideas come together to stop the evil force they are facing, and most importantly, I love how the characters are getting a finish to their story even if it isn't always so obviously good. I mean, and don't get me wrong here, this book is written by an incredible author that has a charming style that makes it so easy to read, but the story and the idea itself are what make this book so wonderful.

    Overall book rating: 10/10

Comments

Popular Posts