Music #2: Epic: The Musical, The Cyclops Saga

    While the previous saga was upbeat, other than "Just A Man", this saga is nothing but dark tunes. It continues the story on from the last saga, which the full plot might be in a later post simply because the full plot isn't actually completely out. But, in this saga they find themselves in trouble with a cyclops named Polyphemus, he intends to kill and eat them but is shortly blinded after he makes this clear. In order the songs are, "Polyphemus", "Survive", "Remember Them", and "My Goodbye". Of these four songs I enjoy hearing "Remember Them" though I'm not exactly sure why. I mean, obviously I enjoy the music and the lyrics and all, but it also has a more upbeat sound to it in comparison to two before it while also being about something incredibly sad. It's basically about remembering those that had died fighting to get home after they had already finished fighting a war. This is also about a specific character that is killed, Polites.

    I'm not sure there are any stand out lines within these songs that became incredibly popular, whether it be on TikTok or Instagram. Which, for the record since I haven't actually said, is written and sung by Jorge Rivera-Herrans. Obviously, to me there are lines that interest me personally, but I'm not sure any became super popular. Maybe, the opening lines to Polyphemus were fairly popular, but nowhere near that of "Warrior of The Mind" in the first saga. The opening lines to Polyphemus are:

    Who are you?

    I'm going off on a limb here when I'm guessing that this became popular simply because of the voice of this character. Obviously, all of these songs are not sung by just one dude, but this voice was so different and surprising to the listener that it had so much attention. This saga also had a very interesting addition to the story, if you haven't guessed it already it's based on The Odyssey by Homer, which is a widely popular piece of Greek literature. This album is about Odysseus's journey back home after the ten-year war which is written about in The Iliad, also by Homer. In the Odyssey it takes Odysseus ten years to get home, which is shown fairly well within the sagas, though its mentioned more in the two sagas that come after, titled The Ocean Saga, and The Circe Saga.

Comments

Popular Posts